I’ve pursued the approach below so I can learn how to take responsibility for my own healthcare and use my advisors as consultants, to CO-DIRECT treatment.
OUTLINE OF PRESENTATIONS OFFERED
- Introduction to “How the Body Works and Actions You Can Do to Support It”
- Presentation of the Circulation System and Actions to Support It (lungs / heart, lymph system, kidneys)
- Presentation of the Digestive System and Actions to Support It (stomach, liver, pancreas, gallbladder and the intestines) (done)(This page)
- Presentation of the Regulation of Nerves and Hormones and Actions to Support It (brain, vagus nerve, hormones)
- Presentation of the Environmental Barriers and Actions to Support It (skin / sweat glands, nose, mouth, eyes)
RELEVANT LINKS TO THIS CONVERSATION
- REQUEST TO JOIN TUESDAY MEETINGS (Click here)
- JOIN PRIVATE CHAT GROUP
- OFFER A DONATION AND RECEIVE SOME “BRAIN SNACKS” (Click here)
To prepare for our second presentation on “Presentation of the Digestion System and Actions to Support It.”
Digestion is ground zero in creating immune system balance. Remember what I said last week that about half of your lymph fluid lies in your digestive tract.
There are two basic ways our body produces energy (ATP)
- aerobically (with oxygen). This is done in the mitochondria.
- anaerobically (without oxygen). This is done with fermentation.
There were so many choices on related topics to digestion. I felt sharing this would help you understand the value of probiotics for energy production. It will also warm you up to exploring aerobic energy production which is more complex.
There will be words and ideas introduced that you may not understand. Try to fly over it and keep going. I promise in time the gaps in understanding will get easier if you continue learning!
You will find with continued learning that hydrogen is so critical to biologic processes that create energy. You may have heard of pH or acid / base balance. pH is the potential of hydrogen. I’m tickled that one of the requests that we have by members of the group is to explore this.
Meanwhile, if you want to learn a little more, I invite you to watch the video provided by Crash Course:
Digestion, Crash Course, Part 2: Learn about a guy who lived to be 83 with hole in his stomach around the 1800s. He became a human guinea pig for science. (Click here)
Do You Find What I Shared Helpful?
If you found this information helpful I would very much appreciate your support with donations and kind words. I am sharing my experience in recovering to help us both. Your contributions will help further this goal for our mutual benefit.
Learn more about the list of “Brain Snacks” I am offering you and how to donate, by CLICKING HERE.
We value the diverse opinions of practitioners and researchers. Sharing perspectives does not imply endorsement of opinions. We believe dialogue is vital for striving to improve human health and nutrition and improve our understanding. The range of perspectives are usually science-based, and sometimes the information may seem contradictory to other perspectives. Readers should be aware that knowledge of nutrition and medicine is constantly evolving and everyone involved has widely varied depth and width of expertise on the subject.
All content and information on this site and any associated emails is for informational and educational purposes only, does not constitute medical advice, and does not establish any kind of patient-client relationship by your use of the information provided. Never disregard professional medical advice from YOUR chosen healthcare providers or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this web site.
Although there are doctors and health coaches by profession on this site, for most of you, they are not your official healthcare providers.
It is YOUR physician or other qualified healthcare provider’s responsibility, relying on their experience AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE PATIENT, to determine the best plan of care in collaboration with the reader.
It is the reader’s/patient’s responsibility to seek to understand how their body works and take the actions necessary to support it.
The authors, editors, and publishers of information on this website accept no liability for any injury arising out of the use of material contained herein, and make no warranty, express or implied, with respect to the contents of this online publication, OR from the contents of sites or articles we provide links to.
You, the reader, agree to the above as a requirement for your participation.
A few basic rules for discussions here:
No personal info sharing. No medical questions asking for diagnosis or treatment. No selling.
Given that we do want to know about product and service offerings, a separate forum is set up expressly for this purpose. Please chose your subject line carefully. Lead by example with the quality of your participation and I think people will naturally be interested in your offering.
Questions I have for you:
- For the information presented in today’s discussion, would you like to add any wisdom or questions other people can benefit from?
- What resources have you found most helpful in your journey and why?
- What networking groups do you participate in that you found most helpful?
- What would you like to see a presentation on? (Coaches in our group might fulfill your wish!)
If you enjoyed what I shared, please leave a positive review at the bottom of this presentation page, or if you prefer to respond privately, please (click here).